FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE • BUYING HANDMADE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE • SHOP ALL YEAR ROUND
Johari Africa is a Social Enterprise Under Amani Women Center - 501(c)3 Organization based in Clarkson Ga
Johari Africa is Swahili for Jewels of Africa. It has a double meaning; the beautifully hand-crafted jewelry by African women, and the women themselves. This beautifully hand-crafted products has a story to tell. It is made with care by refugee women in Clarkson and low income women from various parts of Africa.
Using authentic African fabric, recycled paper, coconut shells and beading that reflect local culture; these Eco-Friendly artisan crafted products create jobs and fair wages for these hard working African women. For every piece of jewelry and apparel sold, the money is reinvested in the community and helps sustain their homes but mostly support their children’s education. As stated by one of these talented women, “Selling this jewelry empowers the community by educating the future generation.”
These beautifully made wrap skirts and the hand-crafted jewelry not only substantiates the strength and determination of these women, but is a great example of successful entrepreneurship.
JOHARI AFRICA IS A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE UNDER
AMANI WOMEN CENTER (501c3-non-profit Organization)
• The mission of the Amani Women Center (AWC) is to educate and empower both refugee and immigrant African communities in Clarkson, Atlanta metro areas and the organization's global initiative; which duplicates our programs in local communities in different parts of Africa.
• AWC has established a successful track record, delivering unique and culturally sensitive programs & services to immigrant and refugee communities for their overall development thus championing an improved quality of life to our target communities.
• We provide culturally sensitive programs, workshops, seminars, conferences, group counseling and speakers’ series.
• Our Health programs focus mainly on how to navigate the daunting health system, screening and prevention of Breast Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Heart Disease and other chronic diseases. AWC believes in delivering unique and culturally sensitive programs and services to immigrant and refugee communities for their overall wellbeing.
• AWC is involved in implementing education in these areas; financial literacy, D.V. prevention, and empowerment programs ( Amani Sewing Academy) to provide skills, workforce readiness, and income for refugee women in Clarkson, Georgia and also girls in Africa. (Kenya & Ghana)
• AWC is involved in these projects in Africa; setting up health education centers with clinics for women and girls and Community Tent Libraries in Kenya.
Amani Sewing Academy is an expansion of a social enterprise initiative of Amani Women Center (AWC). Under the Johari Africa Project. Refugee women participating in this program are in need of a safe space where they can continue making the products that they are already making as well as have an opportunity to acquire
Our sewing program has opened up a world of opportunities for the refugee women in Clarkston and the possibilities are endless. The women are expressing their creative side while earning an income. Of course there’s nothing more wonderful than the feeling of pride you get when you create something yourself!
The mission of Amani Women Center is to educate and empower refugee women with culturally sensitive tools that contribute to their overall well-being.